Have you noticed more men with mustaches these days? Especially during the month of November? Oops, I mean Movember! This organization raises awareness and funds for mens’ health issues, specifically prostate and testicular cancer.
Last week in my training class, I noticed lots of “Mo Bros.” It got me thinking about the qualities and traits that men with mustaches have, and how these qualities are shared by Sales Superheroes:
1. They stand behind their beliefs: Making a visible, public commitment to raise awareness for mens’ health is really putting your money where your mouth is!
2. They are involved team players: Mo Bros are not only making and sharing a common social statement, at the end of November they throw a giant shaving party.
3. They are culturally connected: This international movement is all over the world — from Ireland, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Spain, the United Kingdom, Israel, South Africa, Taiwan, and to the US — and already raised $174 million worldwide.
4. They create strategic partnerships: In 2010 and 2011, Movember partnered with TOMS to create limited edition Movember shoes for participants.
6. They are in demand and respected: Men with mustaches are perceived to be more attractive, industrious, creative, masculine, dominant, and mature by both men and women.
7. They get hired: Men with facial hair were rated higher by their employers on aspects of masculinity, maturity, physical attractiveness, dominance, self-confidence, nonconformity, courage, industriousness, enthusiasm, intelligence, sincerity, and general competency.
Check out this great video on great icons with mustaches!